Date: 25th May 2017 at 1:44pm
Written by:

Chris Coleman has ruled himself out of contention to become the next Crystal Palace boss.

A player at Selhurst Park between 1991 and 1995, Coleman has previously been linked with a return to Palace but the former Eagles defender, having turned down Swansea and Hull, is only focused on Wales.

Questioned about Palace, Coleman jokingly, quoted by Sky Sports, said: ‘I’m happy to talk about the Palace. I’d love to go back to the Palace but I’m not sure Prince Charles is ready for me just yet.’

Despite enjoying his years at Palace, previously revealing an interest in returning to club management, Coleman is only focused on Wales’ game against Serbia and has no plans to put himself in the running to replace Sam Allardyce following his shock exit on Tuesday.

Coleman said: ‘I had a good time at the Palace but I’m only thinking about Serbia. That’s all I’m thinking about, that’s all I care about. All I care about now is Wales. I don’t think about after Serbia, I can’t afford to think past one game. Lots of things have been said off the back of comments I made at the start of the campaign when I signed a new contract. But honestly, I cannot go into a game of football thinking: ‘If we lose?’ I’ve never thought like that. It’s about making sure our boys perform like they have been. We’re not far off.’

Welshman Coleman, 46, still has a year on his current contract with the Football Association of Wales.

Bloggers
Join The Vital Debate